The Australian Hero Games Pty Ltd its related body Australian Hero Games (we, our, us) recognise the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals in relation to their personal information. We also operate websites www.australianherogames.com and social media accounts:
- Australian Hero Games | Facebook
- Australian Hero Games (@australianherogames) • Instagram
- AustralianHeroGames (@HeroGamesAU) / Twitter
This policy describes how we handle the “personal information”. Personal information means information or an opinion about an individual (who can reasonably be identified), whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect your first and last name, mailing, postal or residential address, email address, contact phone number, facsimile number, age or birth date, profession, occupation or job title, governmental identification details and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through the use of our websites or online social media presence, through our representatives, service portals or otherwise and information you provide to us through our electronic communication methods, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you as the result from the engagement with our representatives via our websites or social media. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- by phone, sms, email, online messenger’s, letter or fax
- through your access and use of our website
- through your access and use of our social media accounts
- during conversations between you and our representatives
- by contracting with us
- by requesting information or material from us
- completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
- your employer
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent
Facebook provides certain features and tools, such as pixels, SDKs and APIs (“Facebook Tools”) When you access our website, you may land on a page with the Facebook pixel ID enabled. This allows us to send your data back to Facebook (for example, you landed on our website via a sponsored Facebook ad campaign). This enables us to recognise, track and analyse your data traffic for a period of time. We also us the Facebook tools to measure traffic patterns to determine which areas of our website you have been visited and to measure patterns from the event. If you wish to opt-out or stop being notified of Australian Hero Games advertising in your Facebook feed of information, use the option button in the sponsored ad or organic ad to turn off notifications and / or unfollow.
Google Advertising Cookies
We have implemented the Google Analytics Advertising features
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data for advertising purposes, including the collection of data via advertising cookies and identifiers
Google Analytics collects data about your traffic via Google Advertising Cookies and identifiers, in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation.
We use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together, to provide a better user experience when exercising through Australian Hero Games.
You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means via Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of Australian Hero Games, its contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
How do we hold and protect your personal information?
Personal information that is held by us is stored both electronically and/or by hard copy. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is safe and secure from unauthorised use and disclosure whether such information is stored electronically or in hard copy. Information that is stored electronically on our servers is restricted and password protected and only accessible to relevant employees. Your personal information is securely destroyed when it is no longer needed or when it is out of date.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, utilities providers, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our conjunction agents or agencies.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and US CAN-SPAM Law in effect 01/01/2004. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you reasons for any refusal. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities within Australia who may store or process your data overseas. In the event that a disclosure is made in an overseas country (which we consider unlikely), the information will not be protected by the Australian Privacy Principles. In any event, by providing your details, you consent to your information being disclosed in this manner.
Using our website and social media
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Post: PO BOX 7066 Alexandria, NSW, 2015